Professional supervision is a formal arrangement by which an experienced therapist supports and works alongside other therapists in a one on one contractual agreement.
The benefits of supervision include:
- A broader insight into client issues;
- A deeper awareness of ones professional skills;
- Quality referrals to further relevant training and professional development;
- Accountability and support; and,
Not only is supervision beneficial, it is also a legal and ethical requirement for all practicing counsellors and therapists.
Here, at Wellness Counselling, Jess Mannion delivers a professional service providing:
- Accountability for self and client care;
- A practical and insightful approach to enhance skills and training; and,
- Goal setting for professional practice.
Jess has also had insightful experience in the behind the scenes of ministry work. Burnout is a high risk for all working in this people focused field, to which can hinder one’s effectiveness. Jess is passionate about preventing burnout and increasing effectiveness using existing resources and strengths.
If you are working in the field of counselling, ministry or other related field and would like to experience the benefits of professional supervision, please contact Jess here.